The Departments of Religion at Columbia and Barnard are now welcoming submissions for the first annual Peter Awn Undergraduate Paper Prize. This prize of $500 will be given to the best paper written by an undergraduate for any course or seminar in Religion in the year prior. This prize honors our colleague Peter Awn’s inspired teaching and his dedication to promoting and celebrating creative inquiry.
Submissions will be accepted until March 13 at 5 p.m. Prize will be announced in mid-April.
Eligibility: Submissions must be
- between 10-25 pages in length (excluding cover page and bibliography/references)
- written for a course in the Department of Religion, in either Spring 2019 or Fall 2019 (Columbia and Barnard classes included)
- authored by an undergraduate currently enrolled, in any college (GS, Columbia, Barnard, SEAS)
Format: Submissions must be
- submitted as a .pdf document
- include a cover sheet with name, title, and course in which the paper was written
Submissions can be sent to: Edwin Torres, Department of Religion Columbia University (firstname.lastname@example.org)